Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Plotting on Windows

Hello everyone,

i was trying to to the plots you could see everywhere on this site, but i failed many times.
Now i found out how to do this.
My system is Windows 7 using python 2.7.x.

To do the plot you have to install all python packages first ( serial, matplotlib, etc..).

After that you just habe to Open the terminal ("Run" -> "cmd").
To find out, if python is accessible through the console type "python" and press enter.
You should see something like:

"Python 2.7.6 (default, Nov 10 2013, 19:24:18) [MSC v.1500 32 bit (Intel)] on win32
Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information."

If you cant see that, check if the python install directory ( usually something like "C:\python27") is added to your PATH-Variable.

If python works,  you can start by cd'ing the cmd to the folder, where your "rfidler.py" is directed, or alternatively open up a new cmw window in the "rfidler-master/python" fodler. (holding down shift key plus right klick in the specific folder).

then you can run the plotting command:

C:\....\RFIDler-master\python>python.exe rfidler.py COM6 "set tag askraw" "potset h 135" plot 2000

Notice the double quotation marks for each command you want to send!
The Com port (mine is COM6) and the plot 2000 command must not have quotation marks.

For many users this couls be obvious, but for me it wasnt :)

Have a good read!

egon

Comments

• Well, I'm from Germany, mybe there is a difference between the Country specific Windows versions.

Quotation in English and German works different!

So this works on a german Windows of course. English Version not tested!

greets